Berkeley Neighborhoods Council Statement of Purpose
The City of Berkeley has a long history of neighborhood groups and associations banding together to resolve problems and issues conceming them. Over time the process has diminished.
The Berkeley Neighborhood Council (BNC) was created to:
- To assist in protecting and improving the livability of our neighborhoods.
- Organizing the many and varied individual neighborhoods in the City of Berkeley to allow them to know that each exists and share their concerns.
- To encourage and help neighborhoods organize into groups or associations and join BNC.
- To support each other as problems and issues in a particular neighborhood occur.
- To gain political leverage with our local govemment including elected officials and city staff.
- To provide a means for neighborhood organizations to communicate with each other.